The War Will Be Lost. All My Sacrifices Will Be For Nothing.
Faerun is a land scarred by war, and peopled by the battle-tested and the war-weary.
"War claims lives," he said, as if personally insulted by the knowledge he was imparting, "and we sit here in the heart of bloody war, with armies on the march all around us. If one turns this way, we can muster barely enough blades to offer them a few breaths of entertainment ere we die."
Here are a dozen tales from millennia of war that helped define the Forgotten Realms world.
The grand halls and ornate dining rooms had been left as they were before the goblin army had reached the gates. It felt odd, seeing the tables set for dinner and the tapestries neatly hanging on the walls, while outside a war raged.
Table of Contents
- "Continuum" by Paul S. Kemp
- "Weasel's Run" by Lisa Smedman
- "The Last Paladin of Ilmater" by Susan J. Morris
- "Black Arrow" by Bruce R. Cordell
- "Too Many Princes" by Ed Greenwood
- "The Siege of Zerith Hold" by Jess Lebow
- "Mercy's Reward" by Mark Sehestedt
- "Redemption" by Elaine Cunningham
- "Changing Tides" by Mel Odom
- "Chase the Dark" by Jaleigh Johnson
- "Bones and Stones" by R.A. Salvatore
- "Second Chance" by Richard Lee Byers